Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Passion and Purpose Event

This past weekend I had the opportunity to see the Matthew Kelly, Passion and Purpose event. I have heard Mathew Kelly before so much of it I had already heard. Here are some of the things that really stuck with me. The quote for CS Lewis screwtape letters: I couldn't find it but it referred to all the "noise". This was a comment before his time remember. Today we have TV's, radios, ipods, Cds, computers, ipads, smartphones and regular noise of people. It illustrated and reminded me of how bad I NEED adoration. It is important to my sould to quiet me heart and mind and sit in the presence of our Lord and discuss. It helps with my worries, fears and can solely make or break my week! Next, our culture has gotten really good at taking what is important and making it trivial and the opposite taking something trivial and making it important. I can think of 12 billion examples of this. Enough of this very accurate point. Also, Matthew challenged us to tell our story. We all have a story and mine is probably very similar to many of yours. Another challenge was to pick 1 of the 3 things that will help us develop into better christians. Read the gospels, attend regular confession or create and keep a mass journal for a year. The one that makes me most uncomfortable is the mass journal so yep, that is the discipline I've chosen to work on. Especially since I've got some big stuff (trying to ask myself if I'm making something trivial into important with that statment) on my heart. I'd love to be able to see how God is working, moving and shaping me.

No comments:

Post a Comment